Mr Cramp (affectionately known as "Archie")
came to Palmer's as a resident junior form master in 1919.
He taught for 53 years and finally retired in 1972.
This picture appeared in the July 1967 issue of 'The Palmerian'.
He was the first head of the biology department that was formed in 1948.
However, for the first eleven years he taught general science and in 1930
changed to teaching Pure and Applied Mathematics.